Valuing diversity means creating a workplace that respects and includes differences, recognizing each person's contributions. Valuing diversity creates a work environment that maximizes the potential of all employees.
Inclusion can be described as creating a workplace environment that embraces individual differences among people. Inclusiveness occurs when all individuals are free to embrace their uniqueness and feel they contribute to the team. An inclusive culture is further strengthened when individual employees understand that they will not be isolated because of their uniqueness.
Businesses can harness the true power of diversity and inclusion in the workplace by:
- Creating challenging opportunities that allow ALL employees to grow and develop their skills.
- Avoiding discriminatory behavior in everyday activities such as task assignments, informal mentoring and performance appraisals.
- Having a management team comprised of talented individuals who lead by respectful behavior and who have a genuine understanding of the importance of each employee within the organization.
- Aligning organizational policies with this philosophy and hold all employees accountable for their words and actions.
- And, working together to create a fairer and more productive workplace by drawing on the cultures, talents and ideas of a broader group of people.
We must practice inclusion by drawing on each other's cultures, talents and ideas to create a more equitable and productive workplace. Inclusion should be applied to other areas of our lives as well.
Creating a workplace where everyone is treated with respect and dignity takes all of us. The more diverse a company's workforce is the more loyal, happy and productive its employees tend to be.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SAVINGS ON THE
11 COURSE COMPLIANCE TRAINING VIDEO DVD BUNDLES
Or order the 11 Course Compliance Training video DVD Bundle by phone
With our 11 Course Compliance Training video DVD Bundle, you receive:
- 11 video DVDs
- 11 Test & Quiz Answers